Thursday, October 27, 2011

Where I've Been...

I'm rounding the bend on having an Etsy shop open for an entire month. If you've been paying much attention, you've noticed that I haven't posted any new items in my shop since the October 1st opening.

What the heck have I been up to??

First and foremost, I was resting. I had toe surgery the last week of September, and that slowed me down more than I had originally planned. Also, I sewed every free moment leading up to the Wistful Stitches shop opening...and that left me a little burned out.

Last week, I jumped back in the sewing saddle out of necessity. Halloween (our family's favorite holiday) was quickly approaching, and I had four costumes to make. We're all going as a garden gnomes this year, so the work was fun - but intense. Especially since I managed to volunteer myself to make my daughter's and my dresses from scratch...and also managed to NOT obtain any sort of a pattern. Her dress/apron is pictured to the right. I have a few odds and ends to tie up, but this will all be done before the gnomes head out of our house on Saturday.

I was also working on a pair of colorful Euro shams (26" x 26") for a custom order customer (pictured left). I can't wait to see a follow-up picture of these babies with their pillows!

No comments:

Post a Comment