Wednesday, November 30, 2011

For the love

For any of you who have started your own business - you know that it is 100% NOT about the money. Yes, money is great - but the costs of starting up your own business (especially when still working full-time and caring for a family) take a while to recoup.

I wish I could say while waving from my brand new car leaving my mansion in a Colorado ski resort town that I could be describing why I sew...but I'm not.

I'm sitting in my little home with my little car (with the change oil light on) sewing until my fingers go numb in the wee hours of the morning telling you that I do it because it makes people smile. Opening a one-of-a-kind gift is so special. It brings a light to peoples faces that I cannot express.

A friend of mine posted these pictures on my personal Facebook page, and I wanted to share them with you.She ordered a star busy toy with an owl. It was intended to be a Christmas gift, but she just couldn't wait. Her little son got to play with his new toy the day it arrived!

The look on his sweet little face makes these late nights worth every cup of coffee the next morning!

He decided his new owl friend needed to have a story read to it! :) So precious!!

Do you have pictures of a Wistful Stitches item being loved? Please send them on the Wistful Stitches facebook page or email them to me at wistfulstitches@gmail.com. I will only post pictures to Facebook or this blog with your permission. The greatest reward for me is to see something I create being loved! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, thank you :) You are so talented in so many ways, Cort. I am glad that we are friends. :0)

    ReplyDelete