Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a bird...it's a plane...yeah, it's really a plane

Last week was busy. I had to get an excessive amount of work done before I could pack for three days and three nights away to visit family and celebrate my cousin's son's first birthday. I worked late nights and early mornings to get everything done. By Thursday, I was exhausted. I chose to grab a quick nap (rather than pass out) before packing. I laid down in my bed. The house was quiet, the dogs were calm. All conditions were perfect for my brain to take a quick rest.

Then it happened. I decided that the gift I had planned to give my "super" cousin was just not enough. I wanted something special just for him. Apparently, my sleep-deprived state provided the artistic inspiration to make him his own plush airplane. I had to do it now. Not after a quick nap. Not after a moment of rest. NOW.

I got up and sketched the design.

Cut a pile of colorful pieces...



I sewed.

I seam ripped.

I sewed again.

I stuffed.

I unstuffed.

I seam ripped and resewed.

To this end...


He loved it, but you'll have to take my word for it. I don't have photographic evidence because I was taking pictures with someone else's camera! :)

The theme for this week?? Buckle toys. Oodles and gobs of buckle toys.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment